Blue Mountains Photography and 4wd Weekend
Time & Location
About the Event
This one is something different. While you still need a 4wd, this tour will be photography based. Join us as we tour some of the last remaining true wilderness in NSW and take in some of the mining history of the Blue Mountains, while learning about camera settings and composition. An experienced photographer will be on hand to guide you as required.
BOOKINGS ARE ESSENTIAL ON THIS TRIP - Only booked customers will be permitted to join us on the trip. As this trip passes through National Parks, the tour will be strictly limited to 8 vehicles. On this tour we will take in sunrises over cliff tops, sunsets over historic mines, we will explore some of the mining history of the Blue Mountains and visit waterfalls. For those brave enough we will also do some astrophotography during the night.
- An early morning to watch the sun rise over a beautiful lake, lookouts over stunning cliff tops
- An optional walk to view and photograph a waterfall
- Four wheel driving including pristine river crossings
- An afternoon exploring the remnants of an old mining town and the old mine site itself and (weather dependent) a sunset over the mine and astrophotography in the old town site.
- We will camp right by the old town with the only residents being the kangaroos and wombats.
- Your resident photographer will be on hand to guide you through setting up your camera and to answer any questions you might have.
- National Parks and Camping Fees
- You have the option of meeting on the Friday afternoon or early Saturday morning.
- Suitable for beginners with mildly modified cars. We will guide you through any obstacles you require assistance with.
- Don't have a 4wd? We have a very limited availability of seats in one of the guide vehicles. You will still need to bring your own food, clothes and sleeping gear.
What Gear Do I Need?
- You will need to be self sufficient in terms of food, WATER, clothes and sleeping gear (tent, swag etc) for the time we are away. - Basic Recovery Gear (Snatch strap, shackles etc)
- UHF Radio 80 Channel (Car mounted or portable),
- Camp Chairs.
- A Camera! Any DSLR, mirrorless or even a simple point and shoot provided it has full manual mode.
- A tripod is very very highly recommended and actually essential for the astrophotography portion.
- A circular polarising filter is also highly recommended for waterfall photography but not absolutely necessary.
- Off-Road camper trailers allowed, no caravans.
- As we are travelling through National Parks, we cannot allow dogs on this tour.
- Camp is at elevation so it may get cold even in spring.
- You MUST have comprehensive car insurance.
Call or email Hayley on 4648 2085 or email@example.com to book your spot or secure your spot online with a $50 deposit.
- Blue Mountains Tour - Deposit$50+$1.25 Service fee$50+$1.25 Service fee0$0