Upcoming Simpson Desert – Hay River Tag Along Tour Date:
- 17 May to 25 May, 2024
Come and explore one of Australia’s most remote areas with Adrenalin Off-Road. The Hay River Track provides a thrilling and unforgettable adventure for those seeking a rugged and authentic Australian outback experience. Have peace of mind that you have experienced guides with you all the way.
This track takes you one of the lesser travelled routes through the Simpson Desert and beyond into the East Macdonnell Ranges! The spectacular outback scenery changes you will experience along the way on this tour are amazing beyond any other tour offering.
Once we make it out the Northern end of the Simpson Desert, we will guide you through some of the best spots for fossicking, through huge red rock gorges and water holes, and stay on gigantic Outback Stations up to 1.2 million acres in size! This tour takes you to the geographic Centre of Australia!
Tour commences in Birdsville and finish up at at a station outside Alice Springs.
So, gear up and join us on this extraordinary journey, where the rugged terrain of the Simpson Desert awaits. Prepare to be amazed as you traverse vast sand dunes, encounter unique wildlife, and ultimately forge lifelong connections with fellow adventurers. The Hay River Track 8 Day 4WD Tag Along Tour will undoubtedly be a once-in-a-lifetime experience, providing a true taste of the Australian outback’s rugged splendour.
You’ll travel in a convoy of 4WD vehicles, with each participant driving their own vehicle with guidance and support from our experienced guides. Each night we sets up camp in a new location under the stars while swapping stories with fellow adventurers.
An information night will be held at the Narellan store (also available to watch via Zoom) approximately a month prior to the commencement of the tour, where we will provide advice on how to prepare for the tour, what to pack and what to expect on your journey.
- Simpson Desert – Traverse the legendary Simpson Desert and conquer the massive 1,100 dunes that line the horizon and immerse yourself in the raw beauty of this outback wonderland.
- Big Red – tackle the deserts biggest dune and stand atop the awe-inspiring sand dune and witness a mesmerising outback sunset.
- Poeppel’s Corner – see where Queensland, South Australia and the Northern Territory meet at this remote part of Australia.
- Birdsville Hotel – Raise a glass at the world-renowned Birdsville Pub, an outback pub rich in history and character.
- Hay River Track – It stretches approximately 640 kilometres through the remote part of desert.
- East McDonell Ranges – The range is characterized by its rugged and rocky landscape, with deep gorges and dramatic cliffs.
- Campfire set up for you
- Remote camping and tracks
- Travelling with likeminded travellers
- And so much more!
- Accommodation and Camp Fees
- Dinner on First and last night of tour
- Desert Parks Pass & National Park Fees
- Qualified 4wd Driver Trainer Lead Guide with over 20 years’ experience with outback and remote area travel
- Remote First Aid trained guides and extensive First Aid kit with AED
- Support Vehicle with emergency satellite communication & GPS
- Mechanical support
- Photography and videography package of your vehicle tackling the tracks
- FREE Vehicle inspections at our Narellan, Sydney store for the vehicle booked on the tour
What’s Not Included
- Meals, with the exception of first and last night on tour.
What to bring
- Sand Flag, these can be purchased from our shop
- Basic Recovery Gear (Snatch strap, shackles etc)
- UHF Radio 80 Channel (Car mounted or portable)
- Camping gear (Tent, Swag etc)
- Camp Chairs
- Changes of clothes for the time we’re away, suitable to the weather conditions
- Food and drinks and cooking gear
- Enough water and drinks for you and your passengers for the duration of the trip
- Hat, sunscreen, sun glasses, toiletries, medication
- Cash, for times EFT may be down in outback petrol station and pubs
An extensive list will be provided to booked customers
If you do not have a long-range or auxiliary fuel tank we suggest you bring 2 jerry cans for fuel. There will be times where we will be traveling for distances and potentially not have access to refuel.
- Front and rear recovery points are required for this trip.
- This an easy to moderate trip in terms of difficulty, participating drivers do not need to have previous 4WD experience before joining this trip.
- A sand flag must be used when crossing the desert.
- All drivers must be licensed
- Vehicles must be registered and in roadworthy condition
- Comprehensive Vehicle Insurance is required
FREE pre and post trip inspections in our workshop for each vehicle registered for the trip. Inspections must be booked with the shop at Narellan, NSW.
BOOKINGS ARE ESSENTIAL ON THIS TRIP
- Only booked customers will be permitted to join us on the trip.
- This trip will be strictly limited to 10 vehicles.