Upcoming Simpson Desert – Madigan 4wd Tag Along Tour Date:
- 31 May to 6 June, 2024
Join the Adrenalin Off-Road team and follow the trail blazed by Dr Cecil Madigan during his historic expedition to cross the Simpson Desert in 1939.
Our experienced tour guides will meet you at a location near Alice Springs to commence the tour. We drive down through Old Andado Station, before making our way east to tackle the Madigan Line, all the way out to Birdsville.
You will experience true remoteness with this tour, as we travel into areas significantly less travelled than other parts of the already remote desert. Amazing outback sunrises and sunsets, and some of the best night skies you could ask for are all part of the journey.
We arrange all permits and bookings for the duration of the tour.
Apart from a Welcome and Farewell dinner, this is a self catered tour. You will need to carry your own food, water, equipment and fuel. Due to the distance between support stops, this tour requires long range fuel capacity which can be achieved either with a long range tank or suitable jerry cans.
An information night will be held at the Narellan store and via Zoom approximately a month prior to the commencement of the tour, where we will provide advice on how to prepare for the tour, what to pack and what to expect on this epic journey.
Tour welcome dinner and farewell dinner is provided. Otherwise, this is a self-catered tour and you will need to be self-sufficient for the entire tour. There will be places to restock along the way.
Camper trailers are strongly discouraged, however may be permitted on application. Sorry, no domestic pets allowed due to entering National Parks.
FREE pre and post trip inspections in our workshop for each vehicle registered for the trip. Inspections must be booked with the shop.
What to bring
- Basic Recovery Gear (Snatch strap, shackles etc)
- UHF Radio – 80 Channel (Car mounted or portable)
- Camping gear (Tent, Swag etc)
- Camp Chairs
- Changes of clothes for the time we’re away
- Food and drinks and cooking gear
- Enough water and drinks for you and your passengers for the duration of the trip
- Hats and sunscreen
If you do not have a long-range or auxiliary fuel tank we suggest you bring 2 jerry cans for fuel. There will be times where we will be traveling for distances and potentially not have access to refuel
- Front and rear rated recovery points are required for this trip.
- This is a moderate trip in terms of difficulty, participating drivers do need to have previous 4WD experience before joining this trip.
- All drivers must be licensed and vehicles must be registered and in a roadworthy condition with
- Comprehensive Vehicle Insurance is required.
BOOKINGS ARE ESSENTIAL ON THIS TRIP
- Only booked customers will be permitted to join us on the trip.
- This trip will be strictly limited to 10 vehicles.
- $500 non refundable deposit is taken at booking
- Final payment due 2 week prior to the tour start date
Call the shop on 02 4648 2085 to make your booking or book online.
*Tracks and access to some attractions may become limited due to weather, track closures or other conditions which may make access to a particular area unsafe or unsuitable. In these instances we have backup routes to use with alternate attractions.