Upcoming Simpson Desert Tag Along Tour Dates:
- 13 June to 21 June, 2024
- 4 May to 12 May, 2024 – THIS TOUR IS NOW FULL! Check out our Hay River Tour & Madigan Line Tour for other Simpson Desert Adventures!
If you would like to register your interest in a Simpson Desert 2024 tour, please send an email to email@example.com
Experience the ultimate Australian adventure by joining our 8 day tag along tour of the Simpson Desert & beyond. This carefully crafted itinerary offers an unforgettable journey through iconic landscapes, historic landmarks, and captivating natural wonders that few have had the privilege to witness.
Your journey will take you deep into the heart of one of the most remote and rugged areas of the country. You’ll explore ancient landscapes, vast desert dunes, and rugged outback terrain.
This adventure will take you into the outback of Australia starting near Peterborough, South Australia and head through the Flinders Ranges, up the historic Oodnadatta Track and across the Simpson Desert for 3 days of sand travelling. You will cross the largest parallel sand dune system in the world, crossing around 1,100 sand dunes and ending in Birdsville to watch the sunset over Big Red and finish the tour off with a hearty meal at Birdsville Hotel, on us!
You’ll travel in a convoy of 4WD vehicles, with each participant driving their own vehicle with guidance and support from our experienced guides. Each night we sets up camp in a new location under the stars while swapping stories with fellow adventurers.
- Flinders Ranges – Immerse yourself in the breathtaking beauty of the Flinders Ranges, with its rugged gorges, ancient rock formations, and abundant wildlife.
- Oodnadatta Track and Sidings – Follow in the footsteps of early pioneers along the historic Oodnadatta Track, exploring its intriguing sites and soaking up its rich heritage.
- The Old Ghan train line history – Explore the fascinating history of the Old Ghan Railway, which played a vital role in shaping the outback.
- Mount Dare Hotel – Experience true outback hospitality and accommodation at the iconic Mount Dare Hotel.
- Dalhousie Hot Springs – Soak in the warm waters of Dalhousie Springs, a natural oasis in the heart of the Simpson Desert.
- Simpson Desert – Traverse the legendary Simpson Desert and conquer the massive 1,100 dunes that line the horizon and immerse yourself in the raw beauty of this outback wonderland.
- Poeppel’s Corner – see where Queensland, South Australia and the Northern Territory meet at this remote part of Australia.
- Big Red – tackle the deserts biggest dune and stand atop the awe-inspiring sand dune and witness a mesmerising outback sunset.
- Birdsville Hotel – Raise a glass at the world-renowned Birdsville Pub, an outback pub rich in history and character.
- Campfire set up for you
- Remote camping and tracks
- Travelling with likeminded travellers
- And so much more!
- Accommodation and Camp Fees
- Dinner on First and last night of tour
- Desert Parks Pass & National Park Fees
- Qualified 4wd Driver Trainer Lead Guide with over 20 years’ experience with outback and remote area travel
- Remote First Aid trained guides and extensive First Aid kit with AED
- Support Vehicle with emergency satellite communication & GPS
- Mechanical support
- Photography and videography package of your vehicle tackling the tracks
- FREE Vehicle inspections in one of our 4wd Shops near you
What’s Not Included
- Meals, with the exception of first and last night on tour.
What to bring
- Sand Flag, these can be purchased from our shop
- Basic Recovery Gear (Snatch strap, shackles etc)
- UHF Radio 80 Channel (Car mounted or portable)
- Camping gear (Tent, Swag etc)
- Camp Chairs
- Changes of clothes for the time we’re away, suitable to the weather conditions
- Food and drinks and cooking gear
- Enough water and drinks for you and your passengers for the duration of the trip
- Hat, sunscreen, sun glasses, toiletries, medication
- Cash, for times EFT may be down in outback petrol station and pubs
- Front and rear recovery points are required for this trip.
- This an easy to moderate trip in terms of difficulty, participating drivers do not need to have previous 4WD experience before joining this trip.
- A sand flag must be used when crossing the desert.
- All drivers must be licensed
- Vehicles must be registered and in roadworthy condition
- Comprehensive Vehicle Insurance is required
FREE pre and post trip inspections in our workshop for each vehicle registered for the trip. Inspections must be booked with the Narellan store.
BOOKINGS ARE ESSENTIAL ON THIS TRIP
- Only booked customers will be permitted to join us on the trip.
- This trip will be strictly limited to 10 vehicles.
- A $500 non-refundable deposit is taken upon booking
- Final payment is payable 4 weeks prior to tour start date