- Please call the shop to enquire about upcoming dates.
This program is an introductory or base level program that covers chainsaw equipment maintenance, cutting felled trees in work settings and emergency, risk and hazard response procedures.
Training and Assessment is delivered by Risk Response + Rescue. Ben Carceller will be your trainer on this course.
Unit of Competency
- FWPCOR2210 Follow workplace health and safety policies and procedures in forest and wood products operations
- FWPCOT2254 Maintain chainsaws
- FWPCOT2256 Trim and cut felled trees
- Use and maintenance of PPE for chainsaw operations
- Professional attitude
- Personal equipment and safety
- Power head familiarisation and maintenance
- Cutting attachments familiarisation and knowledge
- Causes of kickback
- Reducing the likelihood of kickback
- Cutting attachment maintenance
- Cross cutting theory
- Cross cutting and ripping practical
- The axe
Mode of Delivery
This course will be delivered via face to face at Hill End, NSW.
For group bookings we can deliver these courses at your location. Contact us for more information.
1 day of face-to-face learning and assessment with some pre learning.
Pre-Requisite and Entry Requirements
Students holding a previous certification for the units of competency and are seeking recognition must supply their credential at the time of enrolment.
Students must have language, literacy and numeracy skills (LLN) to interpret and apply relevant information to commence learning in this program. An LLN assessment may be conducted upon receipt of enrolment application to ensure each student has the appropriate level of skills required to undertake this course.
Students who successfully complete this course and demonstrate competence will receive a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment under the Australian Qualifications Framework. The certification will be issued by Risk Response and Rescue (RTO 90774).
- $650 per person
- For group bookings please contact us
All course materials, handouts.
- Students must bring and wear appropriate PPE clothing and footwear when attending the face-to-face sessions.
- Students are required to bring their own chainsaw.
- Refer to the Participant Information Handbook for information about our policies and procedures.
What do you need to bring on this course?
- PPE equipment
- Enclosed shoes
- Appropriate clothing for the predicted weather
- Drinking water for you and your passengers
- Hats and sunscreen (You will be outdoors for the duration of the training)
To ensure a great experience for all participants, please ensure you comply with all the basic requirements for this course.
Are bookings required?
- Bookings are required to join this course.
- This course will be strictly limited to 8 participants.
- Bookings can be done by calling the shop on 02 4648 2085 or by booking online.
- Once the booking has been confirmed you will receive an email with the Registration and Enrolment forms to complete your booking.
*Learning and assessment hours will vary depending on your existing skills, underpinning knowledge and prior experience and your commitment to your learning and practical application of activities.
Please read our terms and conditions prior to booking.
Call Adrenalin Off-Road Centre on 02 4648 2085 to make your booking and we will send out your registration and enrolment forms as well as an information pack with any pre-learning material the week prior to your training.
Adrenalin Off-Road Centre NSW Parks Eco Pass Licence No. LIC20-62
Training and Assessment is provided by Risk Response + Rescue Pty Ltd RTO # 90744
Terms & Conditions
Adrenalin Off Road Tours reserves the right to cancel or alter any tour or course at any time. In the event that we have to cancel a tour or course, a full credit or refund will be offered. Please note that tour/training credits are non-refundable.
Weather Cancellations: In the event a tour needs to be rescheduled due to weather (flood, fire, etc) we will advise of an alternate date around the time of postponement and credit will be applied towards that tour/training.
If for any reasoning you need to cancel, the following applies:
- Deposits are non-refundable.
- Cancelling due to change of mind – non refundable
- Cancelling once full payment has been made:
- TRAINING 22+ days – $150 cancellation/rescheduling fee per participant.
- 21 – 14 days before date of tour – 50% refunded or credit note for tours for full amount
- 13 – 7 days before date of tour – 25% refunded or credit note for tours for full amount
- Under 7 days until date of tour – no refund or credit note given.