Our Outback NSW 4WD 6-day tag along tour is an unforgettable adventure through the rugged and awe-inspiring landscapes of Outback New South Wales. Starting in the historic town of Bourke, you’ll embark on an exciting journey that will take you through some of the most iconic destinations in the region.
The tour kicks off with a welcome Lunch and camp set up on a station on the outskirts of Bourke. We then make our way to another outback station following the Darling River, where you’ll be immersed in the charm and history of this iconic outback property. Explore the vast stretches of the station, marvel at the wide open spaces, and soak in the peacefulness of the surroundings. Continuing along the Darling River, you’ll make your way to Trilby Station, another remarkable outback property. Here, discover the rich pastoral heritage as you take in the stunning views along the river and enjoy the sunset.
The journey then leads to the enchanting town of White Cliffs, famous for its stunning opal mining history. Explore the underground houses and experience the unique beauty of this outback settlement. From there, you’ll venture into Mutawintji National Park, a culturally significant area with breath-taking rugged landscapes and ancient Indigenous rock art. Immerse yourself in the rich Aboriginal heritage and learn about the connection between the land and its traditional custodians.
Next up is a visit to the Silverton ,a charming and historic town that offers a unique and captivating experience for visitors. Known for its rich mining heritage and as a filming location for iconic Australian movies. We finish the day off at the famous Silverton Hotel, known as the “Mad Max” pub due to its appearance in the iconic Australian movie series.
On our final day we visit to Mungo National Park, a World Heritage-listed site of great archaeological importance. Marvel at the unique formation known as “The Walls of China” and learn about the ancient Aboriginal history that took place in this region. Experience the raw beauty of the arid landscape and soak in the tranquillity of the surroundings.
Finally, the tour wraps up in Mildura, Victoria. Reflect on the incredible journey you’ve had as you bid farewell to the captivating landscapes and rich cultural heritage of Outback NSW.
The Outback NSW 4WD 6-day tag along tour guarantees an unforgettable adventure, immersing you in the beauty, history, and culture of the Australian outback. From the remote stations and the stunning Darling River to the ancient landscapes and cultural significance of Mutawintji National Park, this tour is a true outback experience you won’t want to miss.
Types of 4WD terrain
- Tar roads
- Dirt Roads
What does this tour include?
- Guided tours
- Welcome Lunch & Farewell Dinner
- Station Stays
- Station tours
- Opal Dugout Tour
- Sunset Tour
- Silverton Mad Max Museum entry
- Camp fees
- All National Parks and Indigenous Lands permits
- Experienced guide with first aid skills and all communication equipment
- Photography and videography – an included package that has both photos and videos of you while you enjoy using your 4WD on the tracks
- And much more
What vehicles are suitable for this tour?
This six day tag along tour is suitable for beginners, even if you own an unmodified 4WD or an All Wheel Drive. We will guide you through any obstacles along the tracks as well as provide assistance if you become stuck.
- Comprehensive Vehicle Insurance is required.
- Camper trailers permitting after discussion with us to confirm suitability
What do you need to bring on this tour?
- Basic Recovery Gear (Snatch strap, shackles etc)
- UHF Radio 80 Channel (Car mounted or portable)
- Camping gear (Tent, Swag etc)
- Camp Chairs
- Enough drinking water for you and your passengers for the duration of the trip
- Hats and sunscreen
- Food and cooking equipment. This is a self catered tour with the exception of the first day lunch and farewell dinner on night 5.
To ensure a great experience for all tour participants, please ensure you comply with all the basic requirements for this tour.
Bonus deals via our 4WD store in Narellan
FREE pre and post trip inspections in our workshop for each vehicle registered for the trip. Inspections must be booked with the shop in Narellan, NSW.
10% off King Wheels
10% off Lightforce lights
Are bookings required?
- Bookings are required to join this tag along tour
- This trip will be strictly limited to 10 vehicles.
- This tour will run with a 5 vehicle minimum.
- Bookings can be done by calling the shop on 02 4648 2085 or by booking online.
- Once the booking has been confirmed you will receive an email with the Registration Form to complete your booking.
Please read our terms and conditions prior to booking in the Frequently Asked Questions
Call Adrenalin Off-Road Centre on 02 4648 2085 to make your booking and we will send out your registration form and information letter.
NSW Parks Eco Pass Licence No. LIC20-62