Join the Adrenalin Team on an Adventure Along the Historic Bridle Track
- Stay tuned!
This is one of our most popular NSW 4-wheel drive tag along tours. The tour is a two-day camping weekend away in the country as a small group tag along tour that allows for a maximum of ten cars. This is a great tour for the family, with plenty of activities for people of all ages and it is just a short drive from Sydney which makes it a perfect weekend tour. This tour is run in conjunction with Hema Maps where you will learn how to get the most out of their amazing navigation units. You will come along with a group of passionate 4WD owners and drive to the historic towns of Capertee, Sofala and Hill End in the Bathurst region of NSW.
You will be guided on this tour along the beautiful Turon River where we will visit historic gold mining sites, participate in a guided gold panning session and visit a local history museum. By late afternoon you will be hungry and ready for our delicious group dinner held under the stars while listening to the fresh river flow on the overnight stay on our private block on the Bridle track.
The second day takes us along the historic Bridal Track where we see some mining history, cross some rivers and travel the entire length of the Bridle track where we eventually complete the tour in the town of Bathurst. Driving terrain covers a with a mix of tarmac, dirt and forest.
This is a fun, informative and family friendly tour. This is also pet friendly tour. If you would like to bring your furry friend, please advise before the tour.
Tour Itinerary & Destinations
- Meeting point – Lithgow
- Departure – Bathurst
Types of 4WD terrain
- Tar roads
- Dirt Roads
- River Crossings
What does this tour include?
- Guided tour – A Hill End guided panning tour led by an experienced local who will teach you the tips and tricks to finding gold.
- Underground mines – morning tea and a visit to a mining museum and underground mine experience
- Camp dinner – a delicious, freshly cooked, camp dinner under the stars by a log fire
- Off-Road guides – drive the historic Bridle Track with an experienced off road guide.
- Overnight camping – one night of camping on our private property by the Turon River
- Photography and videography – an included package that has both photos and videos of you while you enjoy using your 4WD on the tracks
What vehicles are suitable for this tour?
This two day tag along tour is suitable for beginners, even if you own an unmodified 4WD. We will guide you through any obstacles along the tracks as well as provide assistance if you become stuck. As we cross several rivers throughout the course of this tour, there can be occasions where a snorkel may be required to complete river crossings. If there has been recent heavy rain, check with us on river levels. General river levels without heavy rain are fine for standard vehicles.
- Comprehensive Vehicle Insurance is required.
- Small camper trailers permitting after discussion with us to confirm suitability
- All wheel drive vehicles are permitted after discussion with us to confirm suitability
What do you need to bring on this tour?
- Basic Recovery Gear (Snatch strap, shackles etc)
- UHF Radio 80 Channel (Car mounted or portable)
- Camping gear (Tent, Swag etc)
- Camp Chairs
- Warm Clothing
- Enough drinking water for you and your passengers for the duration of the trip
- Hats and sunscreen
- Food and cooking equipment (Dinner provided on Saturday night)
To ensure a great experience for all tour participants, please ensure you comply with all the basic requirements for this tour.
Bonus deals via our 4WD store
10% off King Wheels.
10% Lightforce lights
Are bookings required?
- Bookings are required to join this tag along tour
- This trip will be strictly limited to 10 vehicles.
- Bookings can be done by calling the shop on 02 4648 2085 or by booking online.
- Once the booking has been confirmed you will receive an email with the Registration Form to complete your booking.
Please read our terms and conditions prior to booking in the Frequently Asked Questions
Call Adrenalin Off-Road Centre on 02 4648 2085 to make your booking and we will send out your registration form and information letter.
NSW Parks Eco Pass Licence No. LIC20-62